Hello Atlassian Community,
I am reaching out for guidance on a specific use case in Jira involving time tracking at the Epic level. My current project structure consists of a hierarchical system: Epic -> Task -> Subtask.
My goal is to implement a system where the time logged in Subtasks is automatically aggregated at the Epic level. Currently, we have a functionality at the Task level where a checkbox allows for the accumulation of time from its Subtasks. However, I am looking to extend this functionality further up the hierarchy, directly to the Epic.
I am interested in knowing if anyone has successfully created an automation or script, possibly using ScriptRunner, to achieve this. If you have insights or experiences with similar use cases, I would greatly appreciate your advice and examples.
Looking forward to any suggestions or solutions you might offer.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Best regards,
Reda