I've created a new custom field and want it to show on the "Create Issue" pop-up (what comes up after you click on the "Create" button) when first creating a ticket but can't seem to get it to show. I can get it to show on the right-hand side of the page once you click on the already-created/existing ticket/issue. But want it to show when you initially creating the issue/ticket. Please advise. Thank you so much.
Hi @Deanne Wilson
Assuming this is a Company-managed Project, I'd first check if this Project has more than one Screen, one for the Create operation, and another for Edit/View.
To check this...
If they do, you can click-through to the relevant Screen to add the field to it...
Let us know if this works!
Ste
Thank you, Stephen, for your suggestion. I checked and all screens are the same, but it is still not showing my custom fields that does show in all the Screen Scheme (per Issue Type). Even when I uncheck the "use request type fields", it still does not show. Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you so much.
@Ste Wright I believe I figured it out. I needed to alter the "Request Form" for each "Request Type". That got the custom field I wanted to show to show on the Create Issue screen. Waiting for confirmation from other team members to see if they can now see said custom field on the Create Issue screen.
That could be the issue.
It should work from outside of that as well, but could be getting limited because you're setting the Request Type (rather than creating a non-Request Type issue).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.