In an automation rule that I have created, the condition of "Is there Downtime" equal YES is not working. I have created a new custom field and still have the issue? Is this due to I am using the customer form extension?
@Jesse Ortega Jr -
Hi Jesse:
Why are you using the branch check for current issue? As it is not needed. Try to remove it and just update your issue condition to checking for multiple fields (testing for request type and "Is there a Downtime?" field) using the If condition. Afterward add your action to perform.
Another thing to check the actual value of "Is there a Downtime" field casing is "Yes" and not "YES".
If you want to test it out in the debug mode - you can utilize the action to "Log action" to write more details to the audit log - See reference: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/debug-an-automation-rule/
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Thanks Joseph. I switch the trigger to "when: issue updated" and that did the trick.
Excellent. Please click on "Accept answer" when you have a chance, so others with similar asks will see this posting as an answered solution.
Glad I was able to assist/resolve your ask.
Best, Joseph
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.