Is it possible to make the "Escalate this Issue" mandatory? I would also like to be able to modify the message "Please comment with any additional information".
If possible, where can this be done?
@Jesse Ortega Jr
Hi Jesse:
You will need to add a "Validators" to your issue type's WF configuration for the "Escalate this issue" transition to require "Comment" to be entered.
I am assuming the project is a "Company Managed project type"
You can access the WFs - Project settings >> Workflows and then edit the appropriate WF.
NOTE - When modifying an existing WF, you will need to ensure that it is not shared by other projects, because if it is shared, then your changes will impact all the projects that use the same WF.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Hello @Joseph Chung Yin . I have tried the steps that you have suggested but I am still able to escalate the issue from the portal without placing a comment. I even added Description to if that helped.
@Jesse Ortega Jr -
Have you saved and published the change to your WF? It looks like your project is "Team Managed" project typed project.
Best, Joseph
Hello Joseph. Yes, I published the change to the WF. I have created a new project to make sure that it is Company Managed. I did all that you have mentioned above to the WF but I am still able to escalate issues from the portal without filling in the comments.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.