Planned Start Date and Planned End Date field are listed as "In 4 days" / "in2 days" / "Tomorrow" in the list view. How do I instead get it to show the full timestamp for both these fields?
@Yojana Joshi -
Welcome to the community.
It is my understanding that currently it is not possible to disabled (change) the "Relative Date" (friendly) display format in the cloud env. Right now the application is defaulted to relative dates for the first 7 days, then switches to absolute dates automatically.
See existing enhancement case - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-41506
On the Data Center (on-prems) env, one can disabled the "Relative Date" display to always use the absolute date display format.
Sorry.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Hi @Yojana Joshi - welcome to the Atlassian community!
In order to change the date format in Jira Cloud, you can go to Cog icon > System > Look and feel:https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-the-look-and-feel-of-jira-applications/#Change-date-and-time-formats
Also, on Cog icon > System > General configuration > Advanced settings, you can change the format of the date picker.
The format is based on the documentation below:
Hi @Yojana Joshi , @Joseph Chung Yin is correct. I misread your question a little. So please ignore my answer. This is for the date/time picker format itself to be changed. For instance, if you want to put the day first and month second or if you prefer the 24 hour time format over am/pm.
List view behavior can not be changed to my knowledge as well at this point in time. I recommend to vote for the issue Joseph has linked above.
And sorry for my confusion.
Hi @Yojana Joshi
can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing? I'm not entirely clear what list view you are referring to.
Best,
Hannes
Thank you! I will try this with the help of my Jira admin and keep you posted.
Here is the screenshot of relative dates I am seeing. I need to see full timestamp instead of such description all the time.
Thank you both. I have voted foe the issue Joseph mentioned in his reply.
This is org wide change, so we can't do this change.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.