Right now in our product, the epic link sometimes is blank when I create a ticket. I want to restrict that the epic link can not be empty and need to be filled. How can I achieve this purpose?
Hi @[deleted] ,
Make the Epic Link field required/mandatory on the issue create screen in company-managed projects
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/how-to-make-the-epic-link-field-required-mandatory-on-the-issue-create-screen-in-company-managed-projects-1216583711.html
The solution described in this KB article requires the Field Required Validator, which is a function that is not available in Jira out-of-the-box.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-make-epic-link-required-on-jira-software-issue-create-screen-815566675.html
Hi @[deleted],
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!
As @Ollie Guan mentioned the reliable solution is to make the field mandatory on field configurations. Before that please make sure to make different field configuration for Epic and other issue type and make epic link field mandatory.
or or you can field required validator on create transition for rest issues except the sub-task and Epic.
Regards,Mayur
Hi @Ollie Guan ,
I think the field required Validator is now natively available in Jira cloud as mentioned in this Feature Request , so there would not be need to use any add-on to achieve the same.
Regards,Mayuresh
Thanks! I already made it work.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.