Hello all,
I have created a new workflow. At this moment an inactive workflow jira is the Default Workflow for new projects. How can I force that all new projects use my new workflow by default instead of the jira workflow?
Thanks for Answer
When you create a project, check the box to share settings with another project. Have a template project with an "*" at the beginning of the project name to ensure its always on the top. This may be something you already know but to answer your question directly, there is no, currently, way to change default workflow. You cannot edit nor modify which is used as the default.
Hi @Marco van der Slikke
I assume this is for a Company-managed Project?
You can "copy" configuration from an existing Project, which includes your Workflow. You could even create a "template Project" with the desired Workflow Scheme, alongside Issue Types, Screens, etc, that will be the blueprint for new Projects?
To copy the configuration of a Project:
^ The new Project will utilise your Workflow Scheme, and thus your "default" Workflow
Ste
Hi @Ste Wright
Thank you for your response; apparently, it's a lot more complicated than I anticipated
Marco
Thanks for the good tip
It will feel simpler over time, but you need to ensure you...
That's a level of change you might have to manage with the team.
Look at the workflow schemes that are used in you project.
You will have to update the workflow schemes, add your new workflow to the scheme.
This only applies to Company Managed projects
Hi,
I've set up a template project, and the Workflow scheme is duplicated in each new project by enabling the "Share settings with an existing project" checkbox.
In the template project, I've established a board with the columns we use and mapped the statuses to the defined columns.
However, I've encountered an issue. When I create a new project with the "Share settings with an existing project" checkbox enabled, the board doesn't get copied into the new project.
Any ideas on how to resolve this?
BR Marco
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.