My organization has a few dozen Teams. This means that when a user clicks the Team dropdown on an issue, the list of Teams is quite long. I would like to set it up so that different Jira Projects are tied to a subset of Teams. I would like to set it up so that for Jira Project A, the options for the Team dropdown are Team X, Team Y, and Team Z only. For Jira Project B, I want the options for the Team dropdown to be Team A and Team B only. This not only makes choosing the Team less unwieldy, but it would also prevent an issue in a Project from being set to a Team that has nothing to do with that Project.
I have searched Community and documentation and I do not believe this is possible. We have been working around this by using custom fields. However, I really want to use the built-in system Team field because Atlassian has recently unified Atlassian Teams with the Teams in Advanced Roadmaps.
I see that Contexts can be used to achieve this type of functionality but only for Custom Fields, and not System fields.
I'm 99% sure that I am out of luck but wanted to confirm with people who know more than I do.