Hey Atlassian Community!
How can I create roles in Jira? I also want to know how I can modify user access rights: the search, ticket display, the columns that should be displayed, and modification.
Thank you
Project roles are managed by Jira-administrators. You might want to consult the official documentation:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-roles/
As for your other questions: There are two sets of permissions. Global permissions and project permissions. You may want to read about this concept in the documentation first
@aya el youssoufi -
To supplement what @David Friedrich mentioned - For JSM project, essentially you are focusing on three roles by default -
Each project also uses project permissions configuration scheme to control (mainly for project UI and not Portal UI) what one can perform against issues/projects (i.e. Browse project)
Here is another link on JSM permissions - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/overview-of-jira-cloud-permissions/
Hope this also helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.