Hi Community,
we are having a new requirement, which I am not sure how to solve this within Jira (JSM) or to which extend it is actually technically solvable.
We are having a project where external customers can create issues, among them also bugs, security breaches or other incidents.
Now these incidents, in some cases, should be investigated further internally, so in another ticket in another Jira project. Basically the idea is that any employee, when they see a problem mentioned by a customer can create, if they think it is needed, an "Internal Incident" based on the incident reported by the customer, which will then be handled by a specific group within the company and look at it more in detail. Like figuring out the reason why this happend and what kind of actions are to take. Only a few people should have access to these kind of issues.
I know that I can create a new Jira project with it´s proper issue types, workflow, permission, notification and issue security and also that I can link issues from project to the other.
But which requirement I am really unsure is how to implement this, is to create a new issue (ideally with a button or similar) based on another issue with already some prefilled data (like the project and issue type).
Do you have any input that Jira (JSM) provides to create such "internal incident" tickets in a specific project based on an external customer issue?
Any functionality that could help me here that you are aware of?
I know there is an "Escalate" button that one can configure in the Jira workflow, but I am not sure if this could be a potential solution to this described situation...
Kind regards,
Simon