Within the issue view of issue type Initiative both "child issues" and "linked issues" are duplicating the same issues.
Is there any way to not have this duplicated? It is messy and confusing to our users.
Hi @brian.g
Child issues and linked issues are two different features - there's no need to add both to issues.
I'd recommend...
Do you know why both are being used now?
Ste
Hi.
We don't want both.
The "Linked issues" are automatically added by Jira when users add the "Child issues".
This is only happening with issue type Initiative, and not with Epics or any other issue type.
That's not a native feature; sounds like you might have an Automation Rule (or similar) running which is duplicating the relationship for some reason.
I'd try to find that rule and clarify why it's needed, then deactivate it if it's not required.
As I say above, I'd also consider removing the link type so users don't use it in future.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.