We just migrated from Jira Server to Jira Cloud and I have a number of Slack automations that are not working. These are configured as automation steps and we are not using the Jira Slack integration. The following syntax worked when we were on Jira Server, but no longer works in Cloud. I searched to see if the smart value syntax had changed for Cloud, but couldn't find anything.*<https://COMPANY.atlassian.net/browse/{{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}|{{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}: {{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue.summary}}>**Reporter:* {{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue.reporter.displayName}}Any ideas?
I have found a way to work around this issue. Thanks all!
@Paul Seekins -
Hi Paul:
Is your automation rule indicates error when the rule action is executed? Or, just the smartvalue value is not working?
Here is the reference link on using automation rule to send Slack message - https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/use-automation-with-slack/
Hope this helps and please advise.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Hi Joseph,
That is correct, the automation rules show the following error:
The link you sent is for a pretty basic setup. My issue is specifically related to the issuelinks smart values syntax (which I suspect changed from Server to Cloud.- Paul
Hello @Paul Seekins
I don't see the issuelinks attribute listed under the smart values accessible through the issue object in the documentation for Jira Cloud Automation.
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/
Can you show us the full automation rule? There may be another way to get at the automation using a Lookup Issues action or a For: Linked Issues branch.
I have gone ahead and worked around this. Thanks.
Would you please share your solution, so that other community members can learn from your experience?
I agreed with @Trudy P Claspill - Please share your workaround with us when you have a chance.
Best, Joseph
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.