I'm setting up a workflow in Jira and I'm trying to use the previous status condition to constrain a Begin Design transition that connects from both a Backlog and a Use Case Definition status to a Design status. The condition is that the issue should have been in Use Case Definition before we can transition to Design.
The problem is that it won't allow the Use Case Definition -> Design transition, even though it should, since the ticket is currently in Use Case Definition and should satisfy the condition. Moving back to Backlog first then allows the Backlog -> Design transition.
I thought that perhaps the condition check excludes the current status, which is reinfoced by the wording when creating the condition of "The Issue must have been in Status Use Case Definition at some point before its current Status". this would imply that I could just add another condition to test current status, but I don't see a condition for that.
This seems like basic core functionality to make workflows function, so please clarify what I'm missing here. Thanks.