I am relatively new to making Jira automations and I'm looking for help with mine. I am trying to make an automation that will:
1. Create a new ticket every 90 days to a specific board
2. Once created, it will send a message to a specific slack channel with a link to the ticket.
So far I have it set up like this:
When: Scheduled
a. every 90 days
b. I chose "simply run the conditions and actions without providing issues". when I chose "run a JQL search and pass results to subsequent conditions and actions" it ended up creating over 50 tickets before I could turn off the automation.
Then: Create a new issue
a. selected specific project
b. selected issue type
c. filled out summary and description
And: Send Slack message
a. selected the correct webhook url
b. added in a message
c. selected "Send message as Automation for Jira"
d. added in the correct Slack channel