This is more a theoretical question than an issue. I may be being over ambitious!
I'd like to be able to set up automation to create the following steps;
1. Epic moves from "Ready" status to "In Progress"
2. A linked Story ticket is automatically created in a specific project (not the same one the Epic is in, but it will always be that same project)
3. The new Story uses the same Summary as the Epic, ideally with an added prefix of "Document: "
4. A "Component" or similar field data is also carried into the new ticket
A little overview of what I'm trying to do, We want to ensure that the documentation team is notified that a new Epic (project/feature) has been created so that it feeds into the relevant sprints and doesn't get missed. This will be a new addition to the existing workflow (documentation has never been included at the start of a project previously, they just catch up when things are completed) so we're trying to automate the starting steps so that things don't get missed at the beginning of this change in workflow.
Thanks in advance!