hi there
tasks, which have status "Done" still appears in product backlog. I checked workflow and "Done" Status is right side, but tasks appear in backlog. Could you tell me, how can I disappear these cards ?
What do you mean with "product backlog"? In Jira Service Management you work with Queues which are dynamically filtered. Seems you are working with Jira Software or WOrkmanagement on a Board view?
Most likely you need to update your workflow so that it automatically set the resolution as done and not just the status.
If that doesnt work check your board query. Its sometimes the board query . The backlog is affected by the board query.
Hi @Tata Tatkhashvili , could you answer a few questions please.
This can be done by editing the workflow, as I said, with a post function that sets the resolution as done when it transitions to done. Unfortunately Jira doesnt do this by default (a bit of a nuisance).
If you have too many resolutions and dont want to do that then you can force users to set the resolution by adding a transition screen in the workflow which includes resolution as a dropdown and then create a condition that requires a resolution to be set to complete the transition.
Another alternative is to add resolution to the screen which will allow users to update it after it moves to done. That will appear as a dropdown in the top next to status.
If this solution works you will need to do a bulk update of all the issues that dont have a resolution set but, unless something has changed, you cant do that through the bulk update so I would advise going with the first method of workflows and then doing a bulk transition to in progress and then to done. That will update your resolution.
Thank you, Jack, for your feedback
Hello, Michael
We work in Jira Software
Then I follow on @Ben Finn 's recommendation to check for the board filters and queries.
Hi @Tata Tatkhashvili , thank you for all of that information. I think what you are looking at is the sprint issues in the active sprint which continue to show on the backlog page regardless of the status by design. All issues completed in the sprint will disappear from the backlog once the sprint is completed.
Now, I said "I think" above. My uncertainty is based upon the image details provided. Can you confirm if your backlog illustrates an active sprint at the top with the true backlog below that? If so can you verify if the Done issues show only in the active sprint section and not the lower actual Backlog?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.