I have an instance of Service Desk and another instance of another project set as a SCRUM type. What I'm trying to do is create a linked issue from the SD issue from the field to an issue in the backlog of the SCRUM project. When the Status of the SCRUM issue is created, I want the SD issue to automatically get transitioned to the Approved status. When the SCRUM issue is transitioned to the Done status, I want the SD issue to transition to the Resolved status. I know that the SCRUM project is configured correctly. We've been using it for quite a while now. I'm not understanding why the automation configuration that I have for the SD project is not working properly. There are only 2 rules created and they don't conflict with each other since they do entirely different things.
Here's the process and validations that I'm doing:
The automation rule:
- Rule type: A linked issue is transitioned
- When: A linked issue is transitioned
- If: Linked issue matches: Status = Ready
- Then: Transition issue = Approve
- Else If: Linked issue matches: Status = Done
- Then: Transition issue = Resolved
Steps I'm going through
- Create a new Service Desk bug issue from a customer
- Includes a subject and description as required
- Automatically gets assigned an approver
- The issue is created in the Needs Approval status
- Create a linked bug issue from the issue details to the SCRUM project by clicking More -> Create Linked Issue
- Set the link type to Is Caused By
- Issue created in Ready status
- Verified that the SD issue is still in Needs Approval status despite the first condition in the automation rule
- Transitioned the SD issue to Approved (Waiting for Support status)
- Transitioned SCRUM issue to Done status
- Verified that the SD issue is still in the Waiting for Support status despite the second condition in the automation rule
I've tried to delete and recreate the rule to no avail. This is using the Cloud instance of JIRA and Service Desk. The account that is set to run the automation is my own account which is a full admin of the site and all products. All steps can be done manually by me, so I have confirmed that there are no issues with my permissions.