I am trying to copy three fields automatically from the initiative to the epic - I am not able to use any branching (see example in screenshots). Do I need to use smart values?
Hi @Michelle Herschell
Instead of branching on children (which only considers sub-tasks) you should branch on JQL and use this as your JQL to consider all epics under the initiative:
issuekey in portfolioChildIssuesOf("{{triggerissue.key}}") and issuetype = epic
Cheers,
Rudy
Edit: fixed the JQL
@Rudy Holtkamp I am getting this error message:
There is a ( too many in the JQL you've used.
You don't need to use () at all if you only use the AND clause.
Only for the function portfolioChildIssuesOf and for the IN clause. You can remove the rest.
@Rudy Holtkamp Sorry if my screenshot was confusing, I am using the exact syntax from your earlier post:
portfolioChildIssuesOf("{{triggerissue.key}}") and issuetype = epic
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.