I created a Jira custom field and moved it to the Details section of the issue. I can pin other fields in this area, but not the custom field I created. Is there a way to make this field pinnable?
Hello @Kathrine Young Spencer (HGRJ83)
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
What is the field type of the custom field? Is it a field type provided natively by Jira or a custom field type provided by a third party app?
Third party app custom fields can't be pinned, as mentioned in the documentation concerning pinning fields.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/pin-a-field-to-the-top-of-an-issue/
There is no third party app involved. I created the field and 4 dropdown options (only 1 can be selected).
Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? That information will be shown at the bottom of the panel on the left.
I checked in both Team Managed and Company Managed projects. It appears that in neither of them can the Dropdown/Select List type fields be pinned. But I don't see this mentioned in the documentation nor am I finding an issue for it in Atlassian's public backlog.
I recommend that you open a support case directly with Atlassian about this to find out if it is a known issue. It would be lovely if you report back here with their response.
Thank you. It's a company managed project.
I am running into the same issue. I created one field as a single option dropdown and was able to select. Created another one as the same type and I cant pin it
I just ran into this issue on my instance. The cause for me appears to be the character limit of the field name. Any field name of more than 14 characters cannot be pinned.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-82396
There are a few other features and bugs open in their backlog if you want to take a look to see if you can identify the root cause for your situation.
https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20JRACLOUD%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20and%20text%20~%20%22pinned%22%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.