Hi Atlassian community,
I was wondering about something concerning the Atlassian marketplace apps in Confluence Cloud (or actually for Jira Cloud too).
I thought that all Atlassian marketplace apps will be automatically be updated in Cloud, except when there is an "action required" needed by an administrator, like when the pricing changes or when something needs to be manually configured.
However, I had it now the second time that I needed to update to a new version of an app manually by clicking "Update". This time it was an Atlassian app (see printscreen), but last time it was an app of another manufacturer.

So I was wondering, when do I need to update an app manually in the Confluence Cloud (and Jira Cloud) by clicking the "update" button and when does it happen automatically?
If it needs to be done manually, like in the displayed case, would you recommend testing the new version somehow first before updating it?
Like I have a test Cloud environment, where I could update the app first and then perform some tests, so if this is best practice then I consider start doing it. However I am wondering what to actually test, I guess just doing some test to test the basic most important functionality and check if it still works as expected...
I am now watching all apps to get notified, because I didn´t even get a notification so far, so I needed to open the "manage apps" menu to even see that a new version of an app is available.
Cheers,
Simon