I have found several places in Jira and Confluence where I can send emails to a group of users based on group or role (send email in Jira Administration, Jira automations, and share a confluence page), but this does not quite serve our needs so I'm wondering if there is another way to do this.
Basically I'm looking to send release notes to a group of users that have been pre-defined as recipients of the Release Notes email (let's say they are in the "ReleaseNotesEmail" group) and whose sites received this particular upgrade. There are many reasons why one client or another would or would not receive a particular release, so if I send every email to all users in the "ReleaseNotesEmail" group it will go to some users whose sites have not been updated. I also don't want to be managing who is in or out of this group every time we send the email. Every one of these users is also in a named client group. Ideally I would want to send this email to all users who are in both the "ReleaseNotesEmail" group and the client groups that are taking a particular release, a list that could easily be created in a filter - but can I somehow harness that filter to more directly generate the list each time, or is my only option to run the filter, extract the users, and then add them to the "to" list?
Thanks!