Is there a way to create a boolean custom field?
I know of no way to create a boolean custom field, but maybe a plugin like this providing booleans in workflow transitions might solve whatever your problem might be:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.tng.jira.plugins.workflowenhancer/version/7
Look at checkboxes. It is pretty much like boolean!
Exactly what I do - a multi-check box field with a single option will behave precisely as a boolean.
You can be more explicit with a radiobutton with 2 options, but that isn't quite as pretty.
I stumbled over this question because I was looking for a boolean field as well.From my point of view a simple multi-checkbox with only one option is not good enough. While a multi-checkbox with a single option is pretty much boolean, it only shows up when the checkbox is checked. Unless there is a way to make JIRA display empty fields as well, this is not an option in my case.I tried the approach with radio-buttons or a select-list, both with the options "yes" and "no". However, in both cases I can not get rid of the "none" option, which makes this approach not boolean anymore. And like the multi-checkbox, having just "yes" and "none" is not cutting it either, because "none" is, again, not shown at all.So, does anybody have another idea?Cheers,Thomas
Yes, but you'll need code. I think it's as simple as extending a standard custom field that always stores "true" or "false" and never a null, then making the .vm to display/edit it pretty.
Hi Thomas, you can get rid of the 'None' value from the Select List and Radio button customfields and making fully boolean, please go through this link -
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+to+Remove+%27NONE%27+from+a+Select+List+Custom+Field
I don't think that does it because the "none" display is stored as "there is no data here" in the database.
When the field is displayed on-screen, then it doesn't show as "none" or whatever you change that to, the whole field is skipped completely.
In other words, if you have a field set up as boolean values, you say
"True" = True (this will work fine)
"False" = none/empty (and will not be displayed)
An issue with "true" set will show "true". An issue with "false" set, won't even display the field name, you'll get nothing on-screen at all.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.