This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How to update custom field values during workflow transition.
In our current instance of JIRA we are managing our software spaces as one set of projects and large business initiatives as another. Epics in the business projects contain Stories across the software spaces. This allows us to focus on software release at a development level while providing transparency to business stakeholders who are more interested in progress toward the feature. Because JQL does not support querying based on the project key of an epic link (e.g. return all stories that have epics in project = SCOM) I am trying to build a post function for issues opened in an epic to update a custom field based on the project key for that epic.
Example:
Epic SCOM-1 is opened, during grooming we open a series of tickets EPWEB-47, EPNET-67, MMC-780
Workflow transitions occur
on each of EPWEB-47, EPNET-67, MMC-780, field 'project key' is updated to 'SCOM'
In theory I can develop a post function using the parameter "has epic", however I cannot find a way to dynamically capture the project key to fill that field. What I am left with is manually entering the 'project key' value on the epic and copying it on create.
Thoughts?
PS it should be stated that appetite to purchase an add-on is nonexistent