I want to add a quick filter (drop down list) on the kanban board of my project so I can filter by epic. I want to be able to see all the issues within the epic that is selected.
Hello @Linda Granado
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
You have posted your question in the Jira Service Management community. Can you confirm you are working with the native Board option in a Jira Service Management project?
Or are you actually working with a different type of project?
If you go to Projects > View All Projects, the project type will be specified in the Type column.
Jira does not provide a native method for creating a Quick Filter for a board that will present as a selection list. However in the boards for Software projects it should automatically present a selection list quick filter for Epic, like this:
Hi @Linda Granado and ,thanks for your question.
Can you try this JQL:
"Epic Link" is not EMPTY
Let me know if that works.
Best,
Murat Seven
I don't see that option when I go to the board within a project. I'm not sure which Jira I am using
Hi Steven, thank you for your suggestion. That added Epic to the board but not a drop down list to choose from the epics within the board.
Hi Trudy,
I looked again and when I go to All Projects the type of projects I see are "Software" or "Business". The particulate board I want to add Epic filter is a Software project an I only see quick filters for Only my Issues and Recently Updates.
Do you have any Epic issues created in the project?
Are any of the other issues associated to Epics as child issues?
Can you provide a screen image of your board?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.