Hi everyone,
So, after several months, we opted for Jira Premium. I created a plan and noticed all these warning signs. They are all related to dates



I added 'Dates' tab with custom date fields to all issues in Jira, including epics and subtasks

Using these fields I can filter issues in the issue navigator which I found useful.
The thing is, I do not know how dates should be managed in Jira. What are the best practices?
Currently, I have a standard hierarchy level (Epic -> Story/Task -> SubTask), but it will be adjusted. The new one will be Theme -> Initiative -> Epic -> Story -> Subtask.
My question is, how should dates be managed? Should parent issues inherit dates from child issues, or vice versa? Or what should I do? Should I somehow automate date fields?
In addition, I now have the Roll-up functionality in 'View Settings.' From what I understand, this functionality is directly linked to dates as well. In my case, it does not show up on the timeline because, as you already know, I don't have a proper protocol for dates. Maybe someone could elaborate how to use this functionality peoperly.
