I have requirement to create automation rule which will be working like closing the deliverable when all EPICs under that deliverable are closed. I am not able to fetch the epics under deliverable in automation rule. is this possible with any functions like ChildissuesOf or parentissues ?Can i get help on how to create this Rule?
Yes, It can be possible. I am sharing the rule which I triggered on a Schedule basis and you can trigger it on a transition basis.First we have to verify the issue type is epicThen check whether its parent existsThen Go in to the Parent Via Branchthen find all the epics under the parent via JQL, in this jql I am finding those epics who are not yet closed and if any of that found the rule will run, but in your case the size must be 0 means the all epics are closed.Then transition the PArent to Closed.
Thanks @Muhammad Moazzam Hassan ,
I tried to implement this rule. But while adding jql condition for closed epicssize 0, my jira server doesn't show JQL issues greater than condition.. JQL condition drop-down is having only
_ Are not present
_all match specified JQL
_None match specified JQL
_some match specified JQL
JQL condition with JqL return issues count matching is not supported.. is there any way I can modify at JQL area to complete this request
Can you share the screenshot?
Hi @Muhammad Moazzam Hassan ,Thanks for helping.. I tried that but it's still not working. Actually i see "AND: Parent Exists" condition is not working. That is reason Rule is successful but not giving results.
What is your issue hierarchy?
It's Deliverable-->Epic-->story,task,subtask,Bug...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.