Are there any ways to search
- The Jira Issues which have the comments I left?
- The Jira Issues which have the comments which somewon mentioned me (or spcific person with @ ~)
It would be quite helpful if I would know the solution.
Thanks!
The Jira Issues which have the comments I left? - This cannot be done via JQL, but there are few ways to find when you comment on an issue you will automatically add as a watcher, second via the automation rule, via rule you can find the issues keys of the issues on which you have commented. The rule screenshot is mentioned below.The Jira Issues which have the comments in which somewon mentioned me (or specific person with @ ~) - Yes you can find it by using the function currentUser() or you can use the account Id of the specific person who is mentioned in the comment. For e,g comment ~ 63d9ff85491b20ef64b84456.
Hi @Jiebyoung Park ~ are you using ScriptRunner? If so, you can use the various Comment functions: https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4jc/latest/features/scriptrunner-enhanced-search/jql-keywords#comments
Hi @Jiebyoung Park ,
comment ~ currentUser()
Vote for this issue
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-27594
There is also some additional information here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Find-all-mentions-in-comments-via-JQL/qaq-p/1126099
We seems not to have the "ScripRunner' App.
Is there any other workaround without ScriptRunner?
Thansk for reply.
My second question was resolved.
As for my first question, You seems to have said two suggestions. (I confirmed the first suggestion have been already applied in the system. but, actually, It seems not pure solution because all watcher issues isn't the one I commented.
anyway, I got to know cleary that it's impossible to be resolved by JQL.
The workaround you suggested for my first question, It's difficult for me yet to understood clearly. but, I will trying it.
One more question, this workaround is only for the future issues after I set someting? or it works for also all legacy issues which I already commented before?
It will work for all the issues.
Thanks for quick reply!
Hi there, I'm from the ScriptRunner team. For your first question, you might find the commentedBy keyword useful.
This comes as part of Enhanced Search, an app under the ScriptRunner family that focuses on additional JQL functions and keywords that help with Jira search.
Here's a simple way to use it:commentedBy = 'yourUsername'
Hope that helps, and if you have any questions, feel free to reach out!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.