In Jira Service request project approval field shall i allow only 1 name to be inputted on this field, instead of multiple name select.
Hello @Balamurugan S,
Based on your client's needs, you can put User picker field for single user or you can put User picker field for multiple users.
Let me know if that's what you wanted to know.
Best regards,
Marko Blagus
Hi @Balamurugan S
That's depending on the need. Any single or multi user picker field is available in a setup with approvals.
But as I mentioned, its the requirements you have, do you want multiple approvers for a request type, but only one or multiple have to approve.
Or does the request has juts a single approver and from a specific person.
Hi @Marc -Devoteam- ,
Thank you for the suggestion; however, I'm already utilizing Jira's default field of "Approver." When I create a ticket, I can specify several approvers. However, I dislike selecting numerous entries there.
I hope you will have a look. Instead of picking two people, as shown in the linked screenshot, I must only select one. I don't require the second option, which uses Jira's default Approver field.Please keep in mind that I am not utilizing any custom fields for the user picker.
Thanks,
Bala.S
Hi @Marko Blagus ,
Thank you for the suggestion, however I'm already utilizing Jira's default field of "Approver." When I create a ticket, I can specify several approvers. However, I dislike selecting numerous entries there.
I hope you can see the screenshot I included; instead of picking two people, I just have to select one. I don't require the second option, which uses Jira's default Approver field.Please keep in mind that I am not utilizing any custom fields for the user picker.
Hey @Balamurugan S,
You can't change it's type.
You can check if it has only one person with Scriptrunner validator on transition for example, but it's not recommended.
Easier way, if you want to have only one approver, is to use custom field User picker single user.
I hope this helps.
Ok thank you @Marko Blagus , I will check. If there is no way, i will use to Custom filed.
This information you need to provide in the approval step in the workflow used regarding the issue type used.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.