My Jira DC to Cloud migration client is looking to replace their not-free Slack integration app for DC with either a native or free alternative in Cloud.
A native option is to create an incoming webhook in Slack and the create Automation Rules in Jira Cloud to send messages to Slack. However, within Slack itself where one would create the webhook it says that technology is old, may be removed at some future date, and Slack apps should be used instead.
I am looking at the Jira Cloud for Slack (Official) app. It says on the marketplace listing page:
"Get notified when issues get created, updated, transitioned, commented on, and more. Filter by issue type and priority so your team only sees what actually matters in your channel."
However, I'm having trouble finding the details of how to actually manage that.
Looking at the documentation linked in the marketplace listing:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/integrate-jira-cloud-and-slack/
...I find the statement:
"The 1.0 release of Jira Cloud for Slack allows you to easily set up detailed notifications for your Slack team by following simple instructions from @[deleted].”
But I'm not finding any more details than that. Is there any documentation that provides those details, or does one have to actually explore it in Slack directly?
The client does not necessarily want all updates to all issues to send messages to Slack, so I need an integration method that allows that to be controlled.
Also, if the webhooks option is being deprecated, how would one then continue to use Automation Rules to send messages to Slack?
I appreciate any insights anybody can offer.