I think I know the answer to this but I just want to confirm.
We have a project within Jira cloud that is used by multiple teams, each having their own board. Each board filter has 'team = ABC', 'team = DEF' and so on. Currently the teams only use stories, tasks etc., but now want to use subtasks as well. My question is, because the board filter works on team name, does each subtask also need to have the team name populated? I know subtasks are part of the story and therefore the same team, but because the board filter is looking for the team name, unless it is set for every subtask, they don't appear on the board.
I'm trying to achieve this without any addons which I suspect will be the resolution. My alternative option if this is not possible would be to create automation rules when a subtask is created to set the team to be the same as its parent issue, and when a parent issue is updated then all subtasks are checked and updated (for when a story moves across to a different team).
Any help / responses would be appreciated.