I am very new to Jira so I apologize if this seems very basic. I have a filter where I include the LinkedIssue ID. I want to also include the Forecasted Go-Live date of the LinkedIssue (not just of the issue itself) How can I accomplish this?
Hi @Jennifer Hart -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Would you please post the JQL you are trying to use?
And...are you trying to filter on that other field or just display the values for the issues found?
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Bill Sheboy
This is what I have so far for the JSQL. Basically, I'd like to add another column that would be the Forecasted Go-Live date of the Linked issue.
project = SSU AND issuetype = "Client Software Upgrade" AND status in (Discovery, "Go-Live Support", New, Pending, Planning, Scheduled) AND assignee in (EMPTY) order by created DESC
At the right side of that view, above the displayed issues, there is a Columns drop-down list to select which fields are displayed for the search.
Hi @Jennifer Hart
welcome to the community!
To see the go-live date of your linked issues (or any field of your linked issues), you would have to include these issues into your search result, as separate line items. This, unfortunately, is a little trickier in Jira, as Jira doesn't natively support joins or subqueries (in database query lingo).
A few ways forward:
If you want to run your query dynamically, without stitching things together as described above, you'll need extra tooling:
Just to expand on the last point, this is how this would look in the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira:
JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies. These issue hierarchies can be based on Jira's built-in parent/child relationships (like task/sub-task) and/or based on issue links. With this, you can build a view like the one above in just a couple of clicks.
Any questions just let me know,
Best,
Hannes
You are right that there are additional columns to add, but there is not the column I am looking for.
As much as I would love to use third party tools, it's not anything I have authorization (or money) to do, so I'd probably want to go with your first suggestion. How would I accomplish this part " and then use the issue keys in an OR issueLink in (<main-issue-key-1>, <main-issue-key-2>, ...) clause" Would it be part of the same JSQL query?
Hi @Jennifer Hart,
no worries - yes, this would be part of the same JQL query. So, if you first do -
project = SSU AND issuetype = "Client Software Upgrade" AND status in (Discovery, "Go-Live Support", New, Pending, Planning, Scheduled) AND assignee in (EMPTY)
- then grab the issue keys of the result, and add them to the query like so -
(project = SSU AND issuetype = "Client Software Upgrade" AND status in (Discovery, "Go-Live Support", New, Pending, Planning, Scheduled) AND assignee in (EMPTY)) OR issueLink in (<main-issue-key-1>, <main-issue-key-2>, ...)
- then you should get all relevant issues. Does that work?
The challenge then is to get them into a meaningful order. As said above, you'll likely want to play around with ORDER BY clauses, but I'm not sure how and if you'd achieve the expected outcome.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.