Hi there,
I have an automation rule that cancels a ticket after 48 hours of no update if in Waiting for Customer, but it still sends the survey.
Is there a status or resolution that does not trigger the survey?
Thanks
@Ste404 -
By default - CSAT is triggered when issue is resolved in JSM. The definition of issue is resolved is controlled by the Resolution field value is populated. I am sure you are already aware of that aspect of JSM.
So the only way for you to avoid the CSAT from being send out is that if an issue's transition into a WF status that doesn't populate the Resolution value. Thus the system is not treating your cancelled issue via your automation as an resolved issue.
CSAT is either enabled or disabled at the project level, so you cannot truly control to prevent CSAT from being triggered. There is no resolution or status that can stop it for issues.
Lastly, the drawback of setting up a WF status that you can use for cancelled issue while leaving the Resolution field value as NULL is that the issue will not be dropped off from your queue. It is because the system still consider the issue as unresolved.
Hope this helps and sorry no other solution for controlling CSAT process in JSM as far as I know of it.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Is there a way to disable the customer notification for a particular transition?
i.e. if I make a new status of Auto Resolve. Is there some way in the transition step I can disable the emails to the customer?If I set an issue to resolved but do not populate Resolution the survey is still sent.
Unfortunately, it is not possible. It is odd that when you stated an issue moved to resolved but the resolution field is NULL still triggers the CSAT.
It is my understanding/experience that the Resolution field must be NULL, so the issue is not treated as Resolved.
Currently there is an enhancement request - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5691 on providing some functionality on CSAT processing (i.e. notification). You should add yourself as a watcher of it.
My next recommendation is for you to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for further assistance.
Again sorry.
Best, Joseph
Maybe I am setting Resolution to null incorrectly.
In a manual automation I am transitioning to Resolved
the edit the issue with this in the Additional fields
{"fields": {"Resolution": null}}
Should I approach it in a different way
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.