Is it possible to simply 'rename' a SW project? Or must a new SW project be created and then move the issues/tasks etc. into that new project?
Hi @Holloway Winfred
I am not sure if I understand your question correctly. But if you just want to rename a Jira project, you can do so by clicking on "Project settings" and then "Details" in the left sidebar.
Hope this helps.
Yes.... thanks for the quick reply. I'm assuming based on your response and that fact that the Key field is modifiable on the "Details" screen, it can be updated as well.
Yes, Jira projects can be renamed.
Renaming the project has little to no impactRenaming the project KEY can have major impact.
Please see the following document for the effects and implications of adjusting the project key: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/editing-a-project-key-938847080.html
@Holloway WinfredYes, the key can be updated as well. There are some impacts to be aware of as @Els Bassant mentioned. But in general, links using the old project key will be redirected and therefore continue to work.
Thanks again... this information is quite helpful. :-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.