Hi all,I'm looking at how we manage customers on our Service Desk. So far I've found 4 different groupings of customers, and I am lost as to how they interact or which one the Service Desk is respecting. In addition, we use approved domains to grant internal customers access to the portal, so do I even need to maintain these? Any advice would be helpful.
HI @Siobhan Flynn
See documentation on differences on Customer Account types.
Hello @Siobhan Flynn
1 and 2 are the one and the same option. If you add customer at one place, it will start reflecting on another if added as customer role.
3 option mainly to control the project permissions. Groups are mainly to control the Permissions/Notifications etc.
4th option is for the list of all the active and inactive customers. You can pull out all the customers list in all the service desk project in your instance. Additionally, deleting the customers/ deactivting can be done from here.
Hope this helps you.
Thanks
Asha
Hi thanks for your response So am I correct in understanding 1 & 2 are related ONLY to that specific Service Desk project, whereas 3 & 4 are global and therefore would affect ALL Service Desk projects?Also what would happen if I had a customer in 2, but they were not reflected in the global admin group - is that ok? Which one overrides?
Hi, thank you. I'm making some headway but still a bit confused. I've asked @Marc -Devoteam- above some other questions which I'd love your input on too. Additionally, since we are using an approved domain for our internal staff, do I need to maintain these areas or are they automatic now?
Hi @Siobhan Flynn
Yes 1 and 2 are JSM Specific.
# and 4 are Jira Global.
Hi by default there is no override, this group "jira-servicedesk-customers" is a default from Atlassian, you can use this group or not, this is not a requirement.
I don't use this group.
3 is an group in the systems that can be granted a role on the project, it can also be set to permissions in the permission scheme.
There is a big difference in Customer permissions and Permissions and Roles. the first are only applicable to JSM projects.
The second is who Roles and Permissions are managed overall in any Jira project
I'll explain again, baes on your options.
Hi @Marc -Devoteam- thank you so much, really appreciate this
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.