Hi there,
I'm new to Jira, can I create an issue through Web API?
I need advice.
many thanks
Win
Hello @Win ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Yes, you can create issues through the Jira Cloud REST API. Documentation is here.
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v2/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-2-issue-post
Creating an issue through a web API depends on the specific API and platform you are working with. I'll provide a generic example using HTTP requests, but keep in mind that the details may vary based on the API you're interacting with.
Assuming you are working with a RESTful API, you typically use the HTTP methods (POST, PUT, etc.) to interact with resources. Here's a basic example using the `curl` command in a terminal:
```bashcurl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Authorization: Bearer YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN" -d '{"title":"New Issue","description":"This is a new issue"}' https://api.example.com/issues```
In this example:
- `POST` is the HTTP method used to create a new resource.- `-H "Content-Type: application/json"` sets the content type to JSON.- `-H "Authorization: Bearer YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN"` is optional and would be used if the API requires authentication. Replace `YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN` with the actual access token.- `-d '{"title":"New Issue","description":"This is a new issue"}'` is the data you're sending. Modify it to fit the structure expected by the API you are working with.- `https://api.example.com/issues` is the endpoint where you are making the request. Replace it with the actual URL of the API endpoint.
Remember to check the documentation of the specific API you're working with for details on the required payload structure, authentication, and the endpoint URL.
If you are working with a different type of API (SOAP, GraphQL, etc.), the process would be different. Please provide more details about the API you're working with if you need more specific assistance.
Hi
I’m now using the free version, am I also elligible to use the API?
thanks everyone!.. good day to all of you
Yes. You can use the API on any plan.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.