I'm struggling to get one or more automations in place to handle the following:
Hi @Randy Simes ,
Can you post details about the automation you've currently set up?
Also, you might want to check out the automation that Trudy posted here:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Updating-an-issue-s-due-date-based-on-sub-tasks-due-dates-and/qaq-p/2346691
When: Value changes for
Due date
If: all match
For: Sub-tasks
Due date is empty
Then: Send email
Initiator
{{issue.key}} Due Date ConflictHow can I clear the {{triggerIssue.duedate}} within the scope of For: Sub-tasks? Edit Issue will be for a sub-task.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then: Create variable
Create smart value variable{{parentDueDate}}
Then: Add value to the audit log.
{{parentDueDate}} {{issue.duedate}}
If: Compare two values
Checks if:{{parentDueDate}} is less than {{issue.duedate}}
Parent {{parentKey}} has Due Date Conflict
And: Add comment to issue
Parent Due Date {{parentDueDate}} cannot be sooner than sub-task due date {{issue.duedate}}
In some cases, the duedate for sub-tasks is empty and it causes this automation to not perform any actions.
Hi Randy,
Thanks. I spent some time on element 1 today but didn't crack the code. I'll let you know if I get it...
I don't want to leave you hanging. I think the key here, at least for element 1, will be switching the automation around to search for the sub-task, and then execute the action on the branch (parent ticket). Have you tried that approach?
That's what I started on the other day and then ran out of time.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.