We have a rule in place to create Jiras when certain conditions are met. I would like to add a rule to automatically fill in one of the custom fields which has a drop-down list of allowed values.
What I have so far:
1. Action to create smart variable from a specific part of the issue.summary string.
2. Conditional rule to check whether a certain string is found in the issue.summary
=> If condition is met, default my custom field to a specific value from the drop-down.
3. For the "Else" condition, I want to compare the value of my smart variable to the drop-down list for that field.
=> If this condition is met, default custom field to matching value.
=> else, leave field blank.
The first 2 parts (create smart variable & set condition to choose a specific value) seem straightforward. But I'm not clear how to compare my smart variable to the drop-down list. Can someone supply recommendations, or am I on the wrong path here? Am I going to have to replicate my drop-down list in JSON?

