I need to pull a report that shows all subtasks filtered by sprint number. For example, I want to see:
- All subtasks that were completed in Sprint 1
- All subtasks that exist in the current active sprint
It's not possible to do this using Filters -> View all Issues -> Search, because subtasks are not assigned to sprints, only their parent issues are (even though subtasks do show a field identifying which sprint they belong to).
One possible work-around I came up with was to create a custom field (Sprint - Reporting) on Issues and subtasks, that automatically copies the value from the Sprint field. That way, I would be able to filter by that field. However, I am not able to figure out how to copy the value from the "Sprint" field to the custom field "Sprint - Reporting" using the Automation rules.
Is there any kind of work around that would provide a solution to my problem?
I am using Team-managed project.