Hi,
I want to make a field mandatory before transitioning to a status in Jira. I followed the below links to do the same however the option of adding validators is not available, I am not sure what am I missing here, it is a team-managed project.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-make-a-field-required-before-closing-the-issue-1236928291.html
Hi @Vinit Kumar
In team managed projects the workflow management is different.
restrictions are applied as workflow rules
There is no option add a field required rule, only a specific value field value rule
Would field configurations work for you use case?
Thanks @Tom Lister , that's what I thought. How do I achieve this, should I create an automation rule for this?
Automation will run after the issue has been transitioned. I have used it to check field validation and if it fails, add a comment to a mentioned user to correct it.
It is possible to make a field mandatory in the issue type screen config but is mandatory at every step.
Possibly you could set a default value for the mandatory field. You could then use the field restriction rule in a transition to check is it not equal to the default i.e. it has been updated.
I am going by the 2nd option checking the field restriction option and checking if is blank or not, I believe that is the workaround. Thanks @Tom Lister
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.