Hi there!
I recently became the team lead of our service desk at my company, and I'm seeing a lot of opportunities for improvement. One of these opportunities is that we have very few granular issue types.
[System] Problem
Employee offboarding
Employee onboarding
IT Help
Service Request
Service Request with Approvals
Task
None of these issue types really resonate with any kind of granular issue, which maybe is normal, because you'd want the issue to manage the back end workflow with the request type being the actual front end? I'd like to confirm this with someone who would know better.
Regardless, I'm wanting to be able to track common occurrences and weight them over the past 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, so that we can potentially build out some better workflows for our SLA breaching issues.
Does anyone have any advice for how to pull what a ticket is -actually- about rather than trying to leverage these generic issue types? Perhaps we should search by Descriptions & Summaries for key words? Just looking for a creative approach, thanks!