Hello All,
I am trying to write an automation rule that is supposed to go like this:
When: A task's "Parent Link" has been edited.
What: Do something to the previous parent and the current parent.
To perform an action on the current parent, I just create a branch with JQL query set to:
key = {{issue."parent link"}}Side note: I cannot use a regular parent attribute as I am using a custom issue hierarchy, but that is not the issue. The above mentioned code works.
To perform an action on the previouse parent, I have to create another branch. Currently the query looks like this:
key = {{changelog.Parent Link.fromstring}}
The problem is with the formatting of the return value. For example, if a task has the key "SE-2" and it's summary is "test task", I expect (or want) to have "SE-2" from the right-hand side of that expression (the changelog part) but it returns "SE-2 test task". It concatenates the description to the end of the key. How can I only get the key part? Or how can I compare it to the combination of key and summary at the left-hand side?