Hi Team,
Can you please confirm if there is any impact if I delete External Issue ID from Jira?
Thank you,Ashish
Not sure what you mean by 'external' because Jira uses a pointer to the id, if the user did anything with an issue (created, commented, assigned, updated) the comments and history may get an error when it tries to display the id because the pointer is going to a non-existent location in the database.
Hi @Joe Pitt When we update the jira issue and external issue id get created automatically as shown in the below screenshot.
I want to know if there is any impact if we delete this external issue id?
I've never had external IDs created. I just hesitate to delete any data.
Hi @Ashish Bijlwan
It is up to you whether or not to delete custom fields from Jira - obviously doing so means any associated data in this field will be deleted as well.
In our case we have seen examples of this field appearing (sometimes more than once) when doing imports into Jira via CSV. For which there is more information about this behaviour here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-64477
I hope this helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.