I have a team managed Service Management Project that two of the Issue Types are requiring an Approver field be populated when creating a ticket as an agent (from the create button in the queue List display page). I created all of the Issue Types exactly the same and 2 of the 7 have this field required. Note it is not visible or required from the customer portal. When I try to remove the custom field from Settings > Issues, I see 'this custom field was created by Jira'. I have reviewed all the schemes, and this project is not listed as using this field. The only questionable is that the project is found in Approvals, which is locked. However, the project is not referenced in the Screens and contexts.
I am starting to regret building this as a team managed project, however this is the only hiccup. The workaround is the reporter, which is always an agent, makes themself the approver so they can submit the ticket. But I would like to remove that field, approvers are not required and just confuses the agents.