I'm not able to change Priority for Jira Software Issues, just auto-assigned with medium priority by default
I'm able to do this for Jira Business Projects not for Jira Software Projects
@Ashmil Hussain , you are correct. That feature is not yet available in software projects. I believe it is being worked on but cannot confirm if and when that would be rolled out.
Hi Ashmil,
You can change the priority by going to issue view >> find "Priority" field >> Select the new priority from drop down or you can use bulk update as well.
If only, one priority value is configured in your instance then you might not able to change it.
is there a work around for this ?
I am trying to point out that the Priority field is missing from the Issues View.
The only workaround is to open the issue and change the priority there. Are you having to change the priority frequently? If so, consider why that is happening. You might consider changing your default priority if it is not appropriate as configured.
It appears like the field is not added either in view or edit screen of your project. That's why it is not visible and it is keeping default value while issue creation.
Please add the priority field in the field configuration and screen of your project. I hope this helps.
@Rachit Singhal , Ashmil is referring to the fact that, while using the Issue view of a software project, you can change the status directly in the list view, but you cannot change the priority in that view. In Jira Work Management you can achieve this using the List. This feature is not yet available in software projects.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.