In a filter, resolutionDate <= "2023/3/31" doesn't capture issues whose resolution date = "2023/3/31". In order to capture those issues, I have to use resolutionDate < "2023/4/1" in the filter.
Hi @Phil Bustin
the problem here is that "2023/3/31" marks the beginning of the day, 00:00. If you'd like to search for all issues within that day, you could specify it like "2023/3/31 23:59".
Hope that helps,Matthias.
Thanks!
Hi @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Is there any chance Atlassian will change this? Currently, the date time fields are not working for the "Basic issue search" function. It is not possible to add a time, just the date. This confuses users who do not have experience with JQL and advance search possibilities.
Best regards,
Paul
Hey @Paul Medrea
welcome to the Atlassian Community.I'm not working for Atlassian, so I can't fully answer if Atlassian will change that. Based on my impression, I'd say: Don't wait for it, but feel free to raise a support issue for this.
Atlassian is currently investing a lot into their AI capabilities and one of them is that you can search with natural language which the AI will convert into a JQL. For dates/times this conversion already works quite good.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.