Hi gurus!
I am trying to copy some data (description, attachment, and a custom field) from a specific previous task [ABC-123], into a new task that is created, FYI both of these tasks are under the same epic [ABC-001].
Therefore, I am trying to trigger the automation to run when an issue is created under that epic, to copy data into the new task. Also, I am trying to utilize 'Edit Issue' actions rather than cloning issues, as there is other data from that task I do not need.
- Epic = ABC-001
- Previous Task = ABC-123
- New Task = ABC-456
My current setup is:
- Trigger = Issue Created
- IF = Conditions are met
- Action = Edit fields
- This action segment is where I am having issues, can I somehow utilize the previous issues key in conjunction with smart values to copy the data I need? Something like:
- Edit Issue - Description: {{ABC-123.description}} ?