Hello,
I have been experimenting with JIRA Autowatch as a workaround to add watchers to a JIRA issue at its creation.
In my tests, I created a custom field called "Watchers" which is a multi-user select list. I added JQLs in Autowatch Rules that JQL = "Watchers = userx" and User = "userx". I added the field to the creation screen.
It worked fine: i.e. I was able to enter users in the "Watchers" field and it would automatically add them to watchers.
Then I continued testing other features and (I must have done something...) it didn't work anymore.
I think the thing that most likely caused the problem is that I replaced the default user groups by custom ones.
For example, instead of "jira-users" I have "Employes", and instead of "jira-developers" I have "Specialists" etc.
My question would then be: what permissions / roles are required for this to work? I assume I have to give the proper permissions to the "JIRA Autowatch" user?
Thanks!
Jonathan