Hello,
I am currently using Jira Cloud. I tried the automation to clone epic solution provided here Clone Epic, Stories and Subtasks tree with Jira Au... - Atlassian Community. but it is not cloning the. I have gone through multiple times to ensure I am following the solution correctly but only the Epic is cloned but not the child tasks. Can anyone point out what's wrong with the automation rule I have setup?
Hi @Yee Ming Chew
What type of project are you using: company-managed or team-managed? You may find that information at the bottom-left side of the page's expand area.
And, would you please post an image of the audit log details showing the rule execution? That may help to explain what you are observing.
Until we see those...
I suspect the problem is the branch. And that could be replaced by a JQL branch with:
parent = {{triggerIssue.key}}
Kind regards,Bill
@Bill Sheboy , The project type is company-managed. Based on the Audit log, looks like the rule is not executed.
You have created a rule which is manually triggered.
And so you must manually start the rule, selecting it from the issue view under the Actions menu at the top-right side.
It works. Thank you so much @Bill Sheboy . Appreciate it!
Hi Bill - I have had great success with cloning and automation however now with the Parent taking place of Epic Link I am having troubles. All amazing cloning is working EXCEPT the Stories are keeping the triggered Epic as the Parent not moving to the new cloned epic - I tried all the options - any ideas? Do we need to update the "epic key" to a parent key? thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.