As soon as a ticket is created on Jira I want to notify the assignee as well as the manager, that a new ticket has been created. And I want them to be notified on Jira itself as a push notification.
Hi @Aishwarya Rathore , welcome to the community and thanks for your question!
You can do this using the Notification Scheme for the project. You would just need to, on the Issue Created event, add the Manager from the issue and then they should get the notifications like you said, in the bell in Jira.
I hope this helps.
Cheers
Hi @Aishwarya Rathore
It depends on what you mean by Manager in this particular scenario.
1. If the Manager is a user field in the issue, then the Notification scheme option mentioned by @Valerie Knapp in her answer should work.
2. If the Manager is not mentioned anywhere in the issue then you may have to go for an automation, where you can create a custom notification like email, team or slack message & so on.
Hope it helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.