We are looking to further develop our support offerings using Jira Service Management, and I've been having issues trying to set up SLAs with different timeframes. The goal is to have two sets of SLAs, a standard, and then premium SLA that I would either enforce via organization or a support level flag.
I am not seeing ways to restrict request types to certain organizations, so I've setup a custom field called 'Support Tier'. I have an automation that is trigger on ticket creation and runs based on the Organization of the submitting customer. This automation will set the 'Support Tier' field to "Premium". I currently have SLAs set up based on a 'SLA tier' that is determined via the request type (eg. 'SLA tier': "1" has a 1 hour response time). I created a new SLA rule that looks at both the 'SLA tier' and 'Support Tier' (eg. 'SLA tier': "1" and 'Support Tier': "Premium" has a 30 minute response time).
I did some testing (with an internal test organization), and while my automation will trigger, (adding the "Support Tier") the SLA was still under the base 1 hour, instead of my premium 30 minute response time.
I suspect that the SLA is applied before my automation runs. My direct goal would be some way setup my SLAs in a way that I can have SLAs based on groups of customers - either set via a field trigger via automation, or if there are ways to 'tag' certain organizations. We've had issues with customers attempting to receive higher tier service using 'premium level' request types, so being able to restrict access to higher SLAs to the applicable organizations is the goal.
I'd like to not have to create a separate project for this purpose, as there are downstream reporting concerns that rely on both a standard and premium support offering being evaluated together.
The questions I hope to resolve are:
1. Can I have SLAs based on fields that are set via automations that run when a user opens a ticket?
2. If not, is there a way to restrict request types to blocks of customers.
3. Is there a way to force a customer to share a ticket with their organization to enable automations based off of the reporting user's organization? (We have customers that are in the same company but operate in different organizational units, so automations based on a user's domain name aren't possible)
Thanks,
James